XIX WORLD CONGRESS OF THE WORLD FEDERATION OF THE DEAF
What is WFDYS Camp?
The Camp for the youth deaf from the all over the world.
WFDYS(World Federation of the Deaf Youth Section) Camp is the camp for the youth deaf(ages18 ~ 30) from the all over the world. Once every four years, the youth deaf from various countries gather to provide a way to build meaningful experiences up through sign language, the language of the deaf and cultural exchange. Consequentially, we want all of the youth deaf to learn the importance of the human rights and values so that to perceive the various perspectives on the deaf identity, sexual minority, Asian, and women, etc. Furthermore, we need to be aware of having equal rights and to learn the attitude to respect others through this WFDYS Camp.
History of the WFDYS Camp
|1st||1995||Austria (Zell AmSee)|
|5th||2011||South Africa (Durban)|
|8th||2023||South Korea (Jeju)|
Jeju WFDYS Camp?
The 8th WFDYS Camp will be held in Jeju Special Self-governing city, South Korea. We also benchmarked the successful camp in Paris which was in 2019. Jeju Special Self-governing city is the only visa-free region in South Korea, so Jeju city could be as a bridge between the East and the west. This WFDYS Camp will be an great opportunity to raise the status of South Korea to the youth deaf around the world for the first time in Asia. It will be held in July 2nd Sunday to 8th Saturday(6nights & 7days), 2023.
“Innovate the value & Contribute for the future of the youth deaf”
- Enhance the value of the youth deaf around the world and pursue a bright future.
- Vitalize the activities of the youth deaf who will serve others as a bridge between the east and the west.
- Encourage the youth deaf around the world to strengthen their competence and pride.
Outline of the camp
- Name : The 8th WFDYS Camp
- Theme: “Innovate the value & Contribute for the future of the youth deaf”
- Date: July 2nd Sunday – July 8th Saturday, 2023
- Place: Jeju Booyoung Youth Center(Seogwipo, Jeju)
- Capacity: 230 participants
- – 200 camp participants(the youth deaf leader and participants 3~4 people)
- – 30 camp staffs(KADY, COC, and volunteers, etc)
- Host : Korea Association of the Deaf
- Korea Association of the Deaf Youth, WFDYS COC
- Ministry of Health and Welfare (TBD)
- Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism (TBD)
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province (TBD)
Camp Schedule (TBD)
|July 2||July 3||July 4||July 5||July 6||July 7||July 8|
Visit Korean Deaf organizations
|Leisure activity||Seminar (1)||Seminar(2)||Closing|
|Lunch & Dismiss|
|13:00||National report||Visit Korean traditional cultural site||Leisure activity||
|19:00||Cultural exchange||Team presentation||DEAF DREAM discussion||WFDYS forum||Harmony & Unity
※ May vary depending on the situation.
Korea Deaf Youth Association (KADYS)
KADYS was established in 2011 after the general meeting of promoters in 2010 with the aim of guaranteeing the rights and improving the rights and interests of the youth deaf. The first provincial KADYS was established at Daegu in 2004, and now we have 13 provincial branches. KADYS has election for executives and boards every 2 years. We are making efforts to create a society where there is not inconvenience in living for the active youth deaf as members of KASYS, WFD Regional Secretariat for Asia youth section, and WFDYS.
Every two years, executives and directors of the Provincial and Deaf Youth Association and the Korea Deaf Youth Association are elected, and the members of the Korea Deaf Youth Association, Asian Deaf Youth Association, and World Deaf Youth Association, etc.